Instructions for completing the hp Officejet 5258 setup steps. When you set up your printer for the first time, use a USB cable to connect with Windows 10 or Mac.
Follow the steps below to make settings on your hp 5258 printer.
- Unpack the printer and accessories to perform the initial printer setup.
- After that, connect the cable to the power and turn on the printer.
- Then, insert the paper and cartridges. After that continue by downloading the printer driver on the official website hp.
Perform Setup Mode For HP Officejet 5258 Printers
1. HP Officejet 5258 USB Setting
Prepare your printer and computer to install a USB cable. To get started, follow these setup instructions.
- Turn on your printer and Install a LAN cable for setting up an HP Officejet 5258 cable.
- Take the USB cable and remove the protective cap to start setting up the wireless printer.
- Select the USB port on the printer and computer to continue the USB connection.
- When you have finished attaching the cable to the USB port, connect the LAN cable between the printer and the computer
- After the cable settings are complete install, continue to download the HP Officejet 5258 driver.
- Download the drivers on your computer for Windows and Mac according to and compatible with the operating system, and let the wizard install the drivers.
- Follow the printer cable setup according to the instructions on your computer screen.
2. Wireless Setting on HP OfficeJet 5258 printer
Setup your HP Officejet 5258 wireless by selecting WPS, Wireless Setup Wizard, or Auto wireless connect. All the steps below help you to connect the printer to your wireless device as well as your network.
- Turn on wireless mode on your Hp 5258 printer and set it up.
- Press the Wireless icon on the printer control panel.
- Then, go to the Settings option. Then, select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Select your network and log in to it.
- Once you’ve entered the network, follow the onscreen instructions for your wireless network connection.
- select and download drivers and install the software on your HP Officejet 5258 printer.
3. HP OfficeJet 5258 Cloudprint Setting
Set up for the Google Cloud Print service process on your Chromebook or mobile device. To perform setup follow these steps:
- Connect your Chromebook to a router connected to your network hub.
- Link your printer to the same router as your Chromebook.
- Open a browser on your Chromebook and sign in using your Gmail account.
- Google Cloud Print will automatically detect devices connected to your network.
- Double-click the New Device menu and then select the List option.
- Select and click manage to see a list of printers associated with Google Cloud Print.
- Confirm registration on your printer’s control panel by continuing with the instructions on your computer screen.
Those are some of the ways to do Hp OfficeJet 5258 Printer Setup that you can try and apply.