Various problems that occur in printer users, one of which is Hp OfficeJet 5258 Black Ink Not Printing. while color printers have been something for decades, there are still many non-color printers used and available. Many offices don’t bother getting color printers at all, because they only print text documents, they need printers that excel in the field in addition to creating a nice palette.
Do you install HP OfficeJet 5258 Black Ink correctly?
Printers use a fairly simple way to insert ink (or toner) into the printer. It suits the manufacturer, because you have to constantly replace the cartridge. You may have made a mistake installing a black ink cartridge and now your HP printer cannot print black ink. This often happens to users who burn the entire cartridge in less than a week, they tend to forget that the installation of cartridges is a complicated process and needs to be handled carefully at all times. While not a rule, this is also more common with re-produced HP ink cartridges than official ones, as not all manufacturers re-adhere to the same standards.
Clean the area around the ink nozzle manually
- Carefully open and hold the handle on both sides of the printer, then lift the ink cartridge access door until it locks into place.
- Wait until the printer does not sound before you continue. Then lift the ink cartridge slot cover, then pull the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.
- Lift and hold the ink cartridge on the side.
- Moisten a little cloth or cotton wool with bottled or distilled water. Then clean the surfaces and edges around the ink nozzle with a cloth or wiper.
- Wait for the cleaned area to dry out before you continue. After that check the nozzle points to the printer, insert the ink cartridge into its slot until it locks into place.
Read Also: If your Hp Officejet 5258 printer is experiencing software issues, click this link: Hp OfficeJet 5258 Driver
If your HP OfficeJet 5258 Printer still can’t print black ink, do the last option
There’s one more thing to do if your HP printer still can’t print black ink, remove the black ink cartridge and put the colored one in place. Calibrate the printer again, and then try printing a black and white document with it. If it still doesn’t work, it means there’s something wrong with the black ink cartridge slot or other components. We’ve gone through the hp printer troubleshooting section, it’s time for the device to be taken to the printer repair shop. If it’s still under warranty, take it to hp’s repair partner and repairs will be done for free, although you may wait a while for the repair process.